Safety Mission Statement
We believe that all incidents and injuries are preventable, and demonstrate this belief through our daily business activities of the Company. To achieve our goal of zero accidents, the Company:
- Develops and communicates our safety and health policy to all of our employees.
- Provides safety orientation for new employees and refresher training on a routine basis.
- Mandates OSHA 30 hour safety certification for all supervisory employees.
- Conducts Worksite Analysis – evaluate all project specific activities and processes for hazards.
- Conducts Hazard Prevention and Control – to eliminate and control hazards.
- Demonstrates management commitment by instilling accountability for safety and health, obeying safety rules and reviewing accident reports.
- Tests all non-contractual employees for substance abuse and all contractual employees as required by Owner or permitted by union agreement.
- Records and analyzes its safety performance (e.g. Experience Modification Rate (EMR), OSHA safety statistics) and communicates safety performance to employees.
Our safety Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is well below the national EMR contractor average of 1.00.
Recent Safety Awards:
- Federated Electrical Contractors
2008 National Award for Safety, Gold, An Industry Safety Leader
2009, 2011 2012 & 2013 National Award for Safety, Platinum, An Industry Safety Leader
2013 Safety Subcontractor of the Year
- National Electrical Contractors Association
2012 & 2013 safety Award
2009, 2008, 2007 National Award for Safety, Gold, Injury Free Environment (IFE)
Awareness of requirements and planning for safety are critical elements of success.